I need to build a pxe image to restore systemstate on a Win 2008 R2 server
recently updated to SP V7.1.8.15. (Several weeks ago.)

I used to do this by hand using the Best Practices for Recovering Windows
Server 2008 (et cetera).
The ISOs I created in the past are all built with out-of-date baclient
versions.

I had trouble with the last such systemstate restore for a Win 2012 server
(using the equivalent Best Practices guide).
I opened a PMR that ended up in Andy Raibeck's hands.
He had me use the "build_recovery_image.cmd" script.
It didn't work the first night.
He went back and made a new version that worked well.

I have some old copies of that script, up to Version 2.2.

I don't know what question to ask first.
Should I try to use that version of that script  for this ancient Win 2008
R2 server?

Is there a more recent version available?

Should I just go by the manual creation steps in the Win 2008 Best
practices guide?

I have a difficulty with manually working with the pxe image,  because
after I open it  runs in a VM with no copy and paste from outside into the
vm.
Things like volume names all have to be hand typed in.  It is very error
prone.
I used to bake info like that (as a text file) into the pxe image for each
systemstate restore I ran because I can copy/paste within the vm.

I have not had to do this for several years.
I only used that script for that one restore, and that with Andy's guidance.

How should I approach it?