From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> on behalf of Zoltan Forray
<zfor...@vcu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 1:56 PM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] 8.1.15 Linux client update causing failures

We started rolling out the 8.1.15 Linux client via apogee and many clients
are failing with:

 *** Error in `dsmc': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000002baf970
***

The only matching Google hit goes back to a V7 client issue - long fixed.

At first I thought it might be related to a Linux flavor (we run Rocky8,
CentOS 7.1/8, RHEL 7/8) but I don't see a pattern.  All of these servers
are upgrading from 8.1.14 and downleveling the client to 8.1.14 fixes this.

Anyone else seeing this?

FWIW, I could swear that during one of my many Google searches I saw a
reference to 8.1.15.2 (eFix?) but now I can't find it again.
--
*Zoltan Forray*
Enterprise Backup Administrator