From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Martin
Lischewski
Sent: Friday, September 9, 2022 8:01 AM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fastest way to "query backup"

* This email originated outside of the organization. Use caution when opening
attachments or clicking links. *

Hello everyone,

it is my first time posting to this group, so I am sorry if this question is to
trivial.

We are using mmbackup to backup our Spectrum Scale filesystems. Because of some
bad experience in the past we do not trust the output of mmbackup.

Therefore we wrote our own scripts validating the backup state of our
filesystems. Basically this is what we are doing:

We compare the output of a policy run by gpfs policy engine on the filesystem
with the output of: `dsmc query backup -subdir=yes -quiet
<filesystem_mountpoint>`

The policy engine listing all files is relatively fast. The `dsmc q ba` takes
way longer. (3 hours for roughly 36_000_000 entries.)

Can you recommend me a faster way to list all files which are in backup?

Regards,

Martin

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender), Karsten
Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht, Prof. Dr. Frauke
Melchior

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This electronic message contains information from
Southeastern Grocers, Inc and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable Law. This message may not be read,
used, distributed, forwarded, reproduced or stored by any other than the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and
notify the sender.