From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> On Behalf Of Skylar
Thompson
Sent: Monday, 26 February, 2024 11:07
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Fiddling with exclude statement

Do you have DIRMC set? My experience is that supersedes any normal exclude
rules, though would only backup the directories and not their contents. I think
exclude.dir would work to exclude that path and avoid the directories being
backed up, though.

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 03:59:47PM +0000, Loon, Eric van (ITOP DI) - KLM wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to exclude a directory called /tech/splunk (including all
> subdirectories) through a client option set. The exclude on the client seem
> to be processed OK:
>
> [root@hostname ~]# dsmc q inclexcl|grep splunk
> Exclude All       /tech/splunk/.../*             Server
>
> But when I run an incremental on /tech, I do see subdirectories being backed
> up:
>
> Incremental backup of volume '/tech'
> Directory-->               1,024 /tech/splunk/etc [Sent]
> Directory-->               1,024 /tech/splunk/var [Sent]
> Directory-->               1,024 /tech/splunk/var/run [Sent]
> Successful incremental backup of '/tech'
>
> I don't understand why, what am I doing wrong here? Thanks for any help in
> advance!
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Eric van Loon
>
> Air France/KLM Core Infra
> For information, services and offers, please visit our web site:
> http://www.klm.com . This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential
> and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
> addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may
> be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related to
> this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you
> have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by
> return e-mail, and delete this message.
>
> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its
> employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of
> this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
> Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
> registered number 33014286

-- Skylar Thompson (skyl...@u.washington.edu)
-- Genome Sciences Department (UW Medicine), System Administrator
-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354
-- Pronouns: He/Him/His