From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU> on behalf of Julien
Sauvanet <sauva...@fr.ibm.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 17:09
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
Subject: Re: On-premise Cloud copy

Hi Eric,

I hope you are doing well - it's been a long time since last time we spoke.
One possibility I see is to leverage the Retention Set Copy to Cloud Object
Storage ( something you can do starting SP 8.1.13+  ) . You can read more about
here
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/storage-protect/8.1.21?topic=sets-preparing-copy-retention-cloud-archive-storage
I'm assuming that the data you are managing are within the supported ones ,
which are  specified here
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/storage-protect/8.1.21?topic=retention-data-types-allowed-in-sets
You will have to decide whether you want to create that retention set + copy
from your source SP server or on your target/replica SP server . You cannot do
retention set on both sides for the same node.

You can recover data from a retention directly from the node , without having
to restore the entire stgpool before. You may want to look at how to properly
configure the cloud read cache to get the best performance possible from this
kind of setup (doc here:
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/storage-protect/8.1.21?topic=tcspv-caching-cloud-container-storage-pool-data-data-restore-performance
 )

Feel free to reach out if you want to discuss more about this setup.

Cordialement / Kind regards

Julien Sauvanet

He/Him/His

Technical Advisor IBM Storage Defender

 Phone: +33 6 76 75 43 95  |  Email:
sauva...@fr.ibm.com<mailto:sauva...@fr.ibm.com> |  Webex:
https://ibm.webex.com/meet/sauvane<https://ibm.webex.com/meet/sauvanet>t

Compagnie IBM France - Siège Social : 17, avenue de l'Europe, 92275
Bois-Colombes Cedex

RCS Nanterre 552 118 465 - Forme Sociale : S.A.S. - Capital Social :
663.779.730,90 €

SIRET : 552 118 465 03644 - Code NAF 6203Z