Hello, *SMers! We've been using an NT Server to backup a bunch of network drives that
are mapped from a Network Appliance filer.  When this was setup a couple of years ago,
the admin decided to leave the system 'locked' instead of logging out so the mappings
wouldn't disappear on logoff.  He then added explicit 'DOMAIN' statements representing
the drives in the dsm.opt file.  I see two ways of cleaning this up so we can logoff
the console and not worry about it.

1. Put PRE/POST command files that map and unmap the drives before/after the backup so
the drive letter references in the DOMAIN options stay current.

2. With the documentation I read in the 4.2 NT client, I wondered if I could simply
add UNC paths to the dsm.opt file in the form of 'include' statements that directly
reference the share I want backed up.  For example:

\\remote\c$\include\file.out versus r:\include\file.out

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks,
Dylan

http://mail2web.com/ .