I don't know why it is designed as it is. Perhaps the overhead in a more
granular resolution would affect performance (imagine if several apps were
repeatedly hammering away at the same file over an extended period of
time). But that is just a guess.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The command line is your friend.

Alex Paschal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/27/2002 14:27