Eric,

You are right about those statements. But the thing that scares me, is that
it is at all possible to connect as an AIX node to TSM, using windows TSM
client software, regardles of the version.
You can train users to any extend, but you cannot always predict the actions
they will take. What i would like to see, is that the TSM server prevents
the update in the database for a specific node when the client platforms
don't match, or when there is only read actions involved. Like queries or
restores.

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

- Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -