From: Firmes, Stephen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: vrijdag 17 mei 2002 15:11
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sloooow Novell Backups

I made the tcpip performance changes to the dsm.opt and I am still getting
slow transfer times.  I tested via ftp and was able to tranfer 40,000 files
in a few minutes.  So it appears that the TSM client is still not working.

here are the stats from my last selective backup:

Total number of objects inspected:      600

Total number of objects backed up:      600

Total number of objects updated:          0

Total number of objects rebound:          0

Total number of objects deleted:          0

Total number of objects expired:          0

Total number of objects failed:           0

Total number of bytes transferred:   230.73 KB

Data transfer time:                    0.00 sec

Network data transfer rate:            0.00 KB/sec

Aggregate data transfer rate:          0.21 KB/sec

Objects compressed by:                    0%

Elapsed processing time:           00:18:06

here is the new improved dsm.opt

COMMMETHOD              TCPip
TCPSERVERADDRESS        catamount
TCPPORT                 1500
tcpclientaddress        xxx.xx.x.xxx

txnbytelimit            25600
tcpbuffsize             32
tcpwindowsize           63

largecommbuffers                yes
processorutilization    15

MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP   no

NODENAME                  novell_test

INCLUDE sys:...\* tape9940
INCLUDE extravol1:...\* tape9940

EXCLUDE          sys:\system\secaudit.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\events.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\system.log
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\btrieve.trn
EXCLUDE          SYS:\system\tsa\err$hst.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\err$log.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\skip$log.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\tsa\tsa$temp.*
EXCLUDE          sys:\system\sys$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:\_swap_.mem
EXCLUDE          sys:\vol$log.err
EXCLUDE          sys:\tts$log.err
NWPWFILE YES