An idea to think about:

We are looking at the possibility of changing our hardware config to take
care of this issue.  We are considering MOVING our TSM server out of the
data center into a different building.  With today's fiber connections the
technology exists to do that.

The primary pool tapes would stay in the tape robot, in bldg 2.
Racks in the data center would be used as the "vault" for the copy pool
tapes.

If we lose the data center, the TSM server stays up and is ready to go, with
collocated tapes available for restores.  If we lose bldg 2, who cares, our
data center is OK.  We can take our time rebuilding a TSM server.

The technology is out there so that we all probably start thinking about
solutions like this.

If all you have to work with is a DR site where you have to rebuild from
scratch, this idea won't help you, I know.  In that case I think backupsets
+ incremental restore-by-date to current is probably the fastest way to go.
Creating backupsets periodically can be automated.  It's not reasonable to
do for ALL your servers, but for your most critical ones it's a fine idea.
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert