From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Zlatko Krastev
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2002 6:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Reclamation is not happening - HELP!

AFAIK during backup files are not 'marked' at all. They are just stored
and during reclamation each file is compared to rules defined in its
mgmtclass copygroup. That why reclamation takes so long.
If you backup a file and according to *current* rules a version should
expire, later update copygroup to retain more versions (or for longer
period) and just afterward run expiration - the file should not be
expired. If it is marked during backup/archive it would expire which would
be against ADSM/TSM ideology and should be treated as bug.

Jack, sometimes it helps to change reclamation/migration threshold to 100
and minute or two later to lower it. I've digged deeper to analyse why.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>