Hello,
I send You the information you asked me for resolving my
problem.
Thank you very much for your very important help

-) The machine is : RS/6000 SP IBM , composed from 3 "High
Node" Power 3.
 2 with 16 processors 375 Mhz, 9 GB of ÚPhysical memory, 2
GB of virtual memory (paging space) ; and the third with 4
processors 375Mhz, 1 GB of virtual memory and 1 GB of
physical memory.
The nodes with 16 processors are computing nodes and the
third (4 processors) is the node on which TSM server is
installed.

-) OS : AIX V 4.3.3

-) 24 Gflops
-) 10 Goctets of RAM
-) 96 disks of 9.1 Go (873.6 Go)

-) Size of HSM-enabled fs :
ÚFilesystem 1024-blocks Used
Available Capacity Mounted on
Ú/dev/GPFS_oper 427029504 210008576 217020928
50% /oper

The high and the low threeshold are fixed respectively on :
90% et 70%

-) TSM server is installed on one of the three node : AIX V
4.3.3
-) TSM library /frame : IBM 3584-L32
-) Tivoli Space Manager version : V4.1
-) Tivoli Storage Manager AIX server version : V4.1

-) the output of the command : 'lslpp -L tivoli\*` is :

 Fileset Level State Description

 tivoli.tsm.client.ba.gpfs.aix43.32bit.base
 4.1.2.0 C TSM Client -
Backup/Archive
 tivoli.tsm.client.ba.gpfs.aix43.32bit.common
 4.1.2.0 C TSM Client -
Common Files
 tivoli.tsm.client.books.htm
 4.1.2.0 C TSM BOOKS -
Using UNIX Clients -
 HTML Format
 tivoli.tsm.client.books.pdf
 4.1.2.0 C TSM BOOKS -
Using UNIX Clients -
 PDF Format
 tivoli.tsm.client.hsm.gpfs.aix43.32bit
 4.1.2.0 C TSM Client -
Hierarchical
 Storage
Management
 tivoli.tsm.devices.rte 4.1.3.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Device
 Support runtime
 tivoli.tsm.license.rte 4.1.0.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager License
 Registration
 tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.devices
 4.1.0.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Devices
 SMIT Menus - US
English
 tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.server
 4.1.3.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Server
 Common Messages
- US English
 tivoli.tsm.msg.en_US.webhelp
 4.1.3.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Web Admin
 Help - US
English
 tivoli.tsm.server.com 4.1.0.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Server
 common services
 tivoli.tsm.server.rte 4.1.3.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Server
 Runtime )
 tivoli.tsm.server.webadmin
 4.1.3.0 C Tivoli Storage
Manager Server
 Web
Administrator Icons

State Codes:
 A -- Applied.
 B -- Broken.
 C -- Committed.
 O -- Obsolete. (partially migrated to newer version)
 ? -- Inconsistent State...Run lppchk -v.

Krastev wrote :

> Could you be little bit more specific, the provided
information is too
> generic and does not help to identify the problem.
> - some info on machine - memory, disks, size of
HSM-enabled fs (# of
> files, avg. size)
> - what maintenance level is AIX on? at least version of
bos.up/bos.mp
> - what version/revision/maintenance/patch HSM client is?
`lslpp -L
> tivoli\*`
> - is this PSSP or HACMP GPFS? some versions here also
might help
> - what platform and version TSM server is on?

about HSM (Tivoli Space
> Managment) ??!!!
>
> If yes, here is my problem :
>
> When the product HSM (for migration) is associated with
> GPFS (Global Parallel File System), it causes a great
> increase of memory utilisation on the machine TSM/HSM
> server.
> In few days, the memory grow up 95% and the TSM/HSM
server

Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com