I've been using a perl module originally put together by Owen Crow back in the TSM 2.x days. It works with a command-line userid/password, or it can get an ID and password from a .dsmrc file in the user's home directory. Take a look at http://www.io.com/~ocrow/ADSM/Adsm.html -- there may be a few minor tweaks needed, I think Owen got away from ADSM before it became TSM.
Tom Kauffman NIBCO, Inc > -----Original Message----- > From: Chuck Lam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] > Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:44 PM > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > Subject: creating scripts running outside of TSM - password issue > > > Hi, > > I have TSM 4.1.4 running on AIX 4.3.3. > > Whenever I created scripts running outside of TSM, I > needed to hardcode my admin account and its password > in within the TSM command to get it to run. Although > it is not a problem, because no one else has access to > this TSM server at this point. It will be a security > issue eventually. How do you folks getting around > this problem? Are there any other ways that I do not > know of to get it to run without my hardcoded admin > account's password? > > TIA > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com >
