Hi everybody,

My environment is TSM 5.1.1.6 on a Win2k server.

I take every day a full TSM db backup to a private tape volume. The tapes are checked
in as private.

However, the past week it happened twice that a database tape was allocated in the
storage pool for the backup of the clients. If I check the activity log, it says
indeed "Scratch volume DB_MON is now defined in storage pool SSL_POOL1."

I've checked in the tape with a status private, but somehow it was returned as being
scratch.  Am I'm missing something here? When I perform the command 'checkin libv
ssl2020 search=bulk status=private', the tape is checked in as private and  it
shouldn't return to a status scratch. Has anybody else experienced the same behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Kurt