I have a humble question regarding the benefits of Server-Server communication. I have
two sites 60 miles apart with 45MB pipe in between, and each of them has a TSM server
and a library. I was proposed by a TSM consultant to establish server-server DRM
configuration to enable quick recovery in case of disaster. My humble proposal in
response is to NOT do that but rather backup each site to the other location. That way
the DB is offsite as well as the primary copy, therefore DR copy of the primary is NOT
needed either. I would do this reciprocally for the other site. In case of DR, data is
locally available at the other site.

Is this not a better solution than configuring server-server communication and send a
copy of the primary pool as well as the DB tape offsite.

Please help me understand what I may be missing in my proposal, or what benefits I
donât see in the traditional DRM using Server-Server configuration.

Please advise!

Thank you,

Khalid Khan