My company runs TSM 5.1.8.1 on Sun E4500's with 4 procs and 4GB of RAM.  I
have tried twice now, once on 4.2 and now on 5.1 to add more processors (either 2 or
4) and TSM performance drops through the floor.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Normally, starting the server fresh only takes 10-15 minutes to mount all of the
volumes and bring everything online, but with the additional processors, it takes
hours.  I have tried it on several machines with different code levels with the same
effect.  I have also tried it on both Solaris 2.6 and 8, same effect.  Any suggestions
from the peanut gallery?

Michael French
Savvis Communications
Enterprise Storage Engineer