I have an SPSS program that reads the TSM accounting data stream and produces summary statistics. All the data is in there; all you need to do is ask the right questions of whatever statistical analysis tools you have available. Any general-purpose statistical package (SPSS, SAS...) would work fine.
Though I usually run it monthly, I can run it at any time to see what's going on, such as to find out why we suddenly have more data - a pass through the accounting data can tell a lot about your nodes and what they are doing, either in the long term or the short term. The TSM accounting data stream is also very useful for long-term trends analysis. It's compact enough that your favorite stat package can easily swallow several years worth of data and come up with meaningful stats showing your long term trends. Roger Deschner University of Illinois at Chicago [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Richard Sims wrote: >On Dec 7, 2004, at 10:15 AM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote: > >> I was wondering if there was a way for me to break this data out by >> node and >> tell which nodes are related to archive data and which to backup >> data... > >Customers seem to have an aversion to the TSM Accounting data, but all >of that >is in there. I use that data to produce a detailed report each month. > > Richard Sims >
