86% is bit high for pct.utilized. I had the same problem, and it went away with adding more space to the tsm db.I am not sure how much temporary space it requires to complete a fairly large output of an select statement, but I believe you need more than what you have. I also believe that its better To run select statements from the command line rather than from the GUI.
Cheers, -----Original Message----- From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Warren, Matthew (Retail) Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 9:41 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: SELECT statement crashes server Additionally, our DB and LOG stats are as follows - I believe there is plenty of DB space for the select to complete; DB Available Space (MB): 136,688 Assigned Capacity (MB): 126,688 Maximum Extension (MB): 10,000 Maximum Reduction (MB): 8,940 Page Size (bytes): 4,096 Total Usable Pages: 32,432,128 Used Pages: 28,159,418 Pct Util: 86.8 Max. Pct Util: 86.8 Physical Volumes: 8 Buffer Pool Pages: 512,000 Total Buffer Requests: 157,275 LOG AVAIL_SPACE_MB: 12284 CAPACITY_MB: 11284 MAX_EXTENSION_MB: 1000 MAX_REDUCTION_MB: 7468 PAGE_SIZE: 4096 USABLE_PAGES: 2888192 USED_PAGES: 975215 PCT_UTILIZED: 33.7 MAX_PCT_UTILIZED: 33.7 PHYSICAL_VOLUMES: 2 LOG_POOL_PAGES: 256 LOG_POOL_PCT_UTIL: 0.12 LOG_POOL_PCT_WAIT: 0.00 CONSUMPTION_MB: 4281451.30 CONSUMPTION_DATE: 2004-03-29 15:00:59.000000 _-'-_ -|- -----Original Message----- From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Warren, Matthew (Retail) Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 2:35 PM To: [email protected] Subject: SELECT statement crashes server Hallo *SM'ers AIX 5.2.0.0 TSM server 5.2.2.3 I have discovered a select command that will crash our server instantly every time.. Could anyone confirm they get the same behaviour, or that it's just a quirk of our site. I originally tried this; >select volume_name,pct_reclaim from (select * from volumes where stgpool_name='UKS_NORM_PRIM') where pct_reclaim=>90 But TSM complains about the first '(' being an invalid token... It shouldn't be. So, after confirming and doing succesfull sub-selects in other select commands, I thought it may have something to do with the '>' being the redirect symbol. So I wrapped part of the command in double-quotes When I try this command; >select "volume_name,pct_reclaim from ( select * from volumes where stgpool_name='UKS_NORM_PRIM') where pct_reclaim=>90" The server instantly falls over..... Can anyone else repeat this? I have tried a couple of very simple select commands with double quotes around them (none using '>' as yet) and only the above select command has made the TSM server fall over so far.. but my testing is far from comprehensive as yet. Have Fun! Thanks, Matt. _-'-_ -|- ___________________________ Disclaimer Notice __________________________ This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited. Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Powergen Retail Limited does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Powergen Retail Limited. Registered addresses: Powergen Retail Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG. Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430 Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000 Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432 -------------------------------- This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courriel est confidentiel et protege. L'expediteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) designe(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immediatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. ================================
