Thanks Richard ...
I'm not using the DISASTER  RECOVERY MANAGER .... yet

I just registered for the IBM Tivoli Disaster Recovery manager 5.2 course
in 2 weeks ....
After that course I should be able to understand more the concept ...

Thanks again

Luc





Richard Sims <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[email protected]>
2005-01-14 10:13 AM
Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"


        To:     [email protected]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Backup IMAGE on a WIN2K server


On Jan 14, 2005, at 10:02 AM, Luc Beaudoin wrote:

> Does anyone use the backup and restore IMAGE on a WIN2K server ??
>
> If yes ... does it work on a server that have only 1 drive (c:)  ...
> I'm trying ti figure how can I restore an IMAGE of my C: partition over
> the existing C: partitoin ... without having the message
> "ANS1287E Volume could not be locked"
>
> Is there a working procedure that explain how to restore a IMAGE on a
> win2k server that have only 1 partition.
>
> I read that my TSM backup/restore client should not be installed on the
> partition that I want to restore .... How can I do that if my server
> have
> only 1 partition ???

It's the basic principle that you can't change the bedsheets while
you're sitting on them. You somehow need an extra drive (temporary
internal; external Firewire, USB2, SCSI, whatever), which serves as the
recovery execution area. The List archives have numerous discussions of
this.
This all gets into DR planning and preparing for recoveries such as
this one, before they happen.

     Richard Sims

Reply via email to