At 17:05 3/2/2005, you wrote: >Now that I have it fully running, I have to agree that this product is >horrible and slow (even on the new dual-processor 3Ghz 2GB RAM system we >bought just for it).
We are just beginning to plan our TSM v5.3 upgrade from v5.1. I've been reading all the emails about ISC with concern . . . . q1) What kind of system are you using for ISC? The statement quoted above has us discussing just what kind of system we should use to run ISC. Win vs AIX (does it run better on one or the other?) memory: 1gb, 2g, more? processors: speed, number q2) Is ISC performance dependant on TSM server size? What I haven't seen anywhere is whether the resources ISC needs depends upon the TSM instance size. Our TSM servers are fairly big, with +130gb databases and backup 2-3tb per day. Thanks! Rick ----------------------------------------- The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.
