On Apr 3, 2005, at 6:44 AM, Robert Ouzen wrote:
Hi to all
Did is a way to retrieve from the database all my scripts I created in one run , I meant not just the output of all the script in one file that I can get running:
q script f=r outputfile=my.script
But every script by himself (name and contains) , I have a lot of scripts and I don't want to run an output one by one as:
q script bla.bla f=r > bla.bla
My TSM Server Version is 5.2.4.2 on Aix/RS 6000
My longstanding recommendation regarding server scripts is that they be maintained as individual files in the OS file system, outside the TSM server, and then after changes replace the server copy via 'DELete SCRipt' and then 'DEFine SCRipt ... File=...'. That would inherently provide what you are seeking, with zero extra effort, also affording the benefit of having a safety copy of your server scripts which can be readily reviewed and maintained.
A first alternative is to maintain a prolog at the top of each server script which, in the combined stream from your 'q script f=r outputfile=my.script', will allow you to readily split that output file into representative script files. (Documentation prologs are highly recommended.)
A second alternative is to formulate a Select to generate a macro which you can then run to individually generate individual output files. That is, you run a Select which causes tailored Query Script commands to be generated in a single macro, which you can thereafter edit to strip off the inevitable column headings and then run. Play with the following to suit your needs:
SELECT DISTINCT 'Query SCRipt' as " ", - NAME as " ", - 'Format=Raw O=' as " ", - NAME as " " - FROM SCRIPTS > /var/tmp/query.macro
Richard Sims http://people.bu.edu/rbs
