Mount retention is pre-empted to gain access to a drive, providing that no process or session is engaged to use the drive and media. See that msg in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts for reasons we have experienced. Check your Devclass MOUNTLimit as the most common cause, plus your Activity Log for accompanying messages.
Richard Sims
On Apr 5, 2005, at 7:23 AM, David Nicholson wrote:
All,
TSM Server 5.2.4.0 (AIX 5.3) 3494 library w/ (15) 3590E
Suddenly (I think) I am getting a LOT of ANR8447E messages. A "q mount" shows several drives in an "idle" state. My mount retention is set to '3'. I thought that the mount retention would be preempted if there was a need to mount a new tape. Can someone confirm or deny this for me? I am finding if I manually "dismount vol xxxxxx" the problem goes away for a bit until I get several "idle" drives again.
