Not sure how your drives are attached to the host but I have seen similar when attached to a Cisco 9216 switch.
Turned out to be a port problem on the switch in which I had to move to another port on the switch. I would suggest looking at ports connections or cables. -----Original Message----- From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David E Ehresman Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:50 AM To: [email protected] Subject: 3494 hardware help I have a 3590 drive in a 3494 library san attached to an Aix box running tsm. This is more of a 3494 problem than a tsm problem, but I do need help. tapeutil can talk to the drive. but mtlib says the 3494 library does not see it. That is if I do a " mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -DE" that drive is not listed. On the 3494 console, in service mode, the availability menu shows both the port and the drive are checked as being available. However, under the Utilities menu, the Reinitialize ports menu shows that port as uninitialized. If I tell it to reinitialize the port, it says it has sent the command to the drive but the port continues to show as uninitialized. Any ideas as to the root of the problem or how to further diagnose the problem. The library and drives are on 3rd party maintenance and the ce is useless. David -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
