Hi list, I need some guidance for setup of a brand new EMC array, equipped with 10 FC drives, 133GB each. TSM server (5.3.1) will be running on AIX 5.3. My goal is to use those disks for following purposes : - TSM DB 70 GB - TSM log 13 GB - TSM primary pools : all of the remaining space
Questions : 1) EMC recommands using RAID3 for disk to disk backup -> should I create 2 raid groups : one raid5 for TSM DB and logs, one raid3 for diskpools ? 2) if using raid5 for DB and log, should I create 2 raid groups, each one using different physical disks : one for the DB, the other for the logs, or is the performance penalty neglectible if both are on the same disks ? 3) I plan using raw volumes for DB and LOGS (no TSM or AIX mirroring, I trust EMC's raid): what is the best setup : 1 big TSM volume or several smaller ? If using several volumes should they be built using different LUN's, or could I create several LV's on the same LUN. So many possibilities, that I'm a bit lost ... So if you have good experience in this domain, your help will be welcome ! TIA. Cheers Arnaud ************************************************************************ ****** Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH Phone: +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01 Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ************************************************************************ ******
