Curtis,

On all servers we use a service (a.k.a. dsmc sched).

Richard,

The technote comes very close, but on this machine backups all went ok,
but when I look in the dsmsched.log the service hangs between
communication with the server when the next schedule is due (we let them
poll every hour). I will give the solution from the technote a go (just to
be on the safe side).

Richard.





Richard Sims <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[email protected]>
09-06-2005 15:53
Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

        To:     [email protected]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Client 5.3.0.8 strange behaviour


On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Curtis Stewart wrote:

> Are you using dsmcad or dsmc to control the scheduling. I've seen
> lots of
> problems with hung schedulers on Windows, at many code levels, when
> using
> dsmc sched. Moving to "managedservice schedule" seems to solve it
> for me
> about 99% of the time.

See IBM site Technote 1192096 for one, known cause of that problem.

    Richard Sims

Reply via email to