The 3582 handles its own cleaning. You need to insert the cleaning tape and 
then load the tape from the library's front panel, rather than checking it in 
with TSM.

--
Mark Stapleton ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
 Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627

 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On 
>Behalf Of Paul Dudley
>Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:30 AM
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: IBM 3582 and cleaning tapes
>
>We have TSM 5.2 with an IBM 3582 LTO2 tape library.
>
>I followed the instructions in the IBM 3582 manual to configure a
>cleaning slot and then configure autoclean for this unit.
>
>I then tried to checkin a cleaning tape using the command:
>
>checkin libvol lb1.1.0.2 CLNU31L1 status=Cleaner Cleanings=50
>
>Upon which I received the following errors:
>
>ANR9999D
>mmsscsi.c(8417): ThreadId<36> Element address mismatch; slotInfo.elem =
>4118, slotInv.addr = 0 Callchain: 10500D79 outTextf()+1529 <- 1036B851
>tsmInitializeServer()+364031 <- (SESSION: 1262, PROCESS: 45)
>ANR8310E
>An I/O error occurred while accessing library LB1.1.0.2. 
>(SESSION: 1262,
>PROCESS: 45)
>ANR8426E
>CHECKIN LIBVOLUME for volume CLNU31L1 in library LB1.1.0.2 failed.
>(SESSION: 1262, PROCESS: 45)
>
>Any idea what may have caused this? I am I going about this the right
>way? What I want to do is checkin or insert a cleaning tape and set up
>auto cleaning for this tape unit.
>
>Thanks
>Paul
>
> 
>Paul Dudley
>ANL IT Operations Dept.
>ANL Container Line
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>ANL DISCLAIMER
>
>This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and 
>intended solely to the named addressees. Any unauthorised 
>dissemination or use is strictly prohibited. If you received 
>this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by 
>return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or 
>make reference to it for any purpose, or disclose its contents 
>to any person.
>

Reply via email to