If I remember correctly, wasn't there a TCPIP APAR on AIX that caused 
these problems? I had a client with these symptoms and
it turned out to be an AIX issue with the TCPIP stack. Not TSM. Check your ML 
level.

        But then again that was 2-years ago with this client and I sometimes 
can't remember what I had for breakfast these days.
LOL.


Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jones, 
Eric J
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Servers scheduler dies

I've had the exact same problem running TSM 5.2.2 on AIX 5.2.  The only way I 
have found to correct the problem was to stop and
start the TSM.
I've looked on the WEB and asked about 10 months ago but never heard anything.  
I did call Tivoli and we never did find a way to
restart the scheduler without stopping and starting TSM.  I found that it 
tended to happen when 1 of the scheduled servers had a
problem and after that problem occurred the scheduler would stop.  Our 
scheduled jobs run in prompted mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christoph 
Pilgram
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [ADSM-L] Servers scheduler dies

Hi all,

I'm running TSM 5.2.4.3 on an AIX 5.1 server.
In the last 2 weeks it happened twice, that the servers scheduler seems stop 
working. In the night after having correctly completed
some client backups (scheduled from the servers scheduler) all following client 
backup schedules went to "missed". I could not find
any error-message in the actlog.
Only a restart of the TSM-server could get the scheduler to run client 
schedules again.

Does anybody have similar problems or knows how to fix it (or where the problem 
is)

Thanks
Chris

Reply via email to