Hi, I have a created a script that generates a list of all file extensions from a "q backup" filelist. The script shows for each extension the number of active/inactive files and the total and average size in mb.
I find this listing very useful. Especially to find out which filetypes have the biggest impact on occupation in backup and which filetypes have the biggest number of inactive files. I thought that the script may be of use to others too, so I put it on my website. Documentation and download can be found here: http://neuntoeter.homelinux.org/wiki/index.php/ListFileExtensions Here is a sample output (only the first three rows): SUM_MB| FILES| AVG_MB| EXT.| ACT.| INACT.| INACT/ACT| 205309| 192| 1069.32| .bak| 51| 141| 2.76| 180527| 47126| 3.83| .tif| 13249| 33877| 2.56| 118075| 47280| 2.50| .ppt| 12342| 34938| 2.83| .... Some time ago I have also written some nagios-plugins that can be used to monitor vital functions of TSM with nagios. http://neuntoeter.homelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Tsm_plugins here is a list of the plugins: tsm_schedule_errors.sh (failed client schedules) tsm_log_util.sh (log utilization) tsm_db_util.sh (db utilization tsm_free_tapes.sh (free scratch tapes) tsm_error_tapes.sh (tapes with errors) tsm_drives.sh (online drives) tsm_paths.sh (online paths) tsm_server_perf.sh (Performance of server processes: e.g. migration, db backup,...) tsm_occupancy.sh (number of files and mb occupancy) tsm_node_occupancy.sh (number of files and mb of a client node) tsm_drive_state.sh (drive states: idle, dismounting, in use ...) tsm_disk_pool.sh (utilization of diskpools) tsm_backupsum.sh (backup sum of last 24h) regards, Volker
