Thanks Richard & Andrew! Andrew Ferris wrote:
> Hi Timothy, > > I don't know about your first question. The second one about the client > complaining about duplicated excludes is new in 5.3 clients. I get that > when the excludes in the client's DSM.opt file match excludes in a > server-side Client Option Set. It's probably easier to take them out of > the DSM.opt in that case. > > Andrew Ferris > Network Support Analyst > iCAPTURE Research Centre > University of British Columbia > > >>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/8/2006 10:53:53 am >>> > Hello all, > > I am seeing the following errors in the clients log for Novell > servers. > I believe these logs can be excluded, But not sure as I am not that > familiar enough with Novell. I do know that there is some type > of dsrepair utility that can run on a Novell server for > troubleshooting. > > Node: RG420 > Error processing > 'SYS:/SYSTEM/TSA/DEBUG.LOG': access to the object is > denied (SESSION: 221689) > > Node: OTANEX7) > Error processing 'SYS:/SYSTEM/DSREPAIR.LOG': access to the > object is denied > > Also, Can someone please explain this to me. I don't find any of > these duplicate entries in the dsm.opt file as this error message > states. > I just recently started seeing these after I upgraded this client > from 5.2.2 to 5.3.0.3. I don't see these messages in > the 5.2.2 dsmerror.logs and can't find anything in the > 5.3 clients Install and User's guide except it recommends > these system files be excluded in the (dsm.opt) > > Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE sys:\system\sys$log.err' > found while processing the client options file. > > Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\err$log.*' > found while processing the client options file. This might produce > unexpected results. > > Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\skip$log.*' > found while processing the client options file. This might produce > unexpected results. > > Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\tsa$temp.*' > found while processing the client options file. This might produce > unexpected results. > > Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE sys:\vol$log.err' found > while > processing the client options file. > This might produce unexpected results. > > Management class 'HOLD13' named on include/exclude line 23 does not > exist. > > Here is the dsm.opt file. > > EXCLUDE sys:\system\secaudit.log > EXCLUDE sys:\system\events.log > EXCLUDE sys:\system\system.log > EXCLUDE sys:\system\btrieve.trn > EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\tsa$temp.* > EXCLUDE sys:\system\sys$log.err > EXCLUDE sys:\vol$log.err > EXCLUDE sys:\tts$log.err > EXCLUDE *:\...\q_*.sys > EXCLUDE *:\..\q_*.srv > EXCLUDE sys:\_SWAP_.MEM > EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\err$hst.* > EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\err$log.* > EXCLUDE sys:\system\tsa\skip$log.* > INCLUDE sys:\system\sldb.dmi special > INCLUDE vol1:\software\email\*.* special > INCLUDE *:\...\ofuser\* hold13 > Include sys:\...\dsmwebcl.log special > Include sys:\...\dsmsched.log special > Include sys:\...\dsmerror.log special > > TSM 5.3.2.1 > TSM Client 5.3.0.3 > > Thanks for any help!
