Doesn't take much. I originally ran it on a 1.4Ghz desktop Dell with 512MB on W2K. But, when I saw the requirements for the ISC, I asked tor a rack-mounted server with 2GB of RAM and 2.8Ghz processors. Should have been more than enough to handle both at the same time.
I just checked and my TSMManager collector is using roughly 70MB of memory while the java piece of ISC is using > 300MB ! Some of it depends on how many TSM servers it will monitor, since it spawns off an admin sub-task for each one (eventhough they use only 5MB each). Thomas Denier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[email protected]> 03/09/2006 03:56 PM Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[email protected]> To [email protected] cc Subject [ADSM-L] TsmManager hardware requirements We are planning for an upgrade to TSM 5.3, and currently have $5,400.00 budgeted for a server with enough memory and throughput to support the Administration Center. We are looking into TsmManager as an alternative to the Administration Center. The vendor's Web site lists the supported operating systems, but I have so far not found any information on requirements for memory and processor speed. Is this information available somewhere?
