A couple of other suggestions.  Make sure the machine where you are
installing ISC has internet access and DNS working.  Make sure you are
totally removing everything before attempting a reinstall (follow the
instructions in the readme).  Also try re-exploding your downloaded exe or
re-download the file again as I've pulled my hair out before because of a
bad download.

______________________________
John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

"Gilbert, Guillaume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>
09/08/2006 09:06 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU>

ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
ISC installation problems

Hello

I am having problems installing ISC on Windows 2003 servers. I tried 3
times on a VMWare image with a fresh install of Win2K3. The image had
1024 Mbytres of RAM allocated. The 3 times the install stoped at 93%.
The last entries in ISCRuntimeInstall.log are :

(Sep 7, 2006 4:06:51 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.isc.install.ismp.FailAndExitAction, wrn,
ISCArchiveFixupFail_Exit
(Sep 7, 2006 4:06:51 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.isc.install.ismp.FailAndExitAction, wrn,
(Sep 7, 2006 4:06:51 PM), Setup.product.install,
com.ibm.isc.install.ismp.FailAndExitAction, msg2,
status=FAILED,timestamp=Thu Sep 07 16:06:51 EDT
2006,progress=(unchanged)

I then tried on another server, non-VMWare with 2 GB of ram with the
same result.

This is version 6.0.1 of ISC. The package name is TSM 6.0.1 Integrated
Solutions Console 2005-10-19 C86PQML.exe, downloaded form Passport site.
As the readme says, ISC must be installed before AC, but I read
somewhere that you can install AC without ISC. Is this the case?

Any help is appreciated

Guillaume Gilbert
Storage Architect
Storage Group, Sun Microsystems