Richard

Thanks for the quick reply, I think I'll have to revisit the current 
reclamation percentages.

Bit of a design flaw though I think, it's a shame TSM can't just move the 
tiny segment on the volume I actually want to reclaim.

Thanks

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ΓΌ Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: [email protected]

 



Richard Sims <[email protected]> 
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[email protected]>
27/05/2009 19:54
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <[email protected]>


To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation query




Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 26/06/2009 



On May 27, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Steven Langdale wrote:

> So I'm assuming that to reclaim a volume, if it has a file segment
> on it,
> the WHOLE file needs to be moved?  Is this a correct assumption?

Yes.  The unit of reclamation is a Physical File: In the case of small
(logical) files, that unit would represent an Aggregate, as per the
original client-server transaction size; in the case of files larger
than that, the Physical File is the whole file as lived on the client.

    Richard Sims

Reply via email to