The error I get is this:

ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.

Needless to say, I know I have a few nodes registered for which there are no 
filespaces, and this negative result is wrong.

I don't actually care about this particular command, but there's other stuff 
I'd like to do using the "where ... not in  (select ...)", if I could only get 
it to work.

- Margaret

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alex 
Paschal
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:41 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changed SQL behavior under server 6.2.3.1

Hi, Margaret.  What error are you getting?

Taking a stab in the dark, explicitly using NODES and FILESPACES in your 
predicate can cause unexpected results 
(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21380830). I would guess 
failing with the addition of the word "NOT" could be construed as an unexpected 
result.  You might retry using the "AS" keyword.  This particular problem is 
listed as fixed in 6.2.4.0.

Alex


On 6/21/2012 9:55 AM, Clark, Margaret wrote:
> Using TSM server 6.2.3.1, the following SQL command no longer works:
>
> select node_name from nodes where node_name not in (select node_name 
> from filespaces)
>
> It still works correctly if you take out the "not".
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
> -          Margaret
>

Reply via email to