Hi,

We have a tsm 6.2 server with 3 libs. Lib A hold copypool, B hold data
migrated from disk pool and C hold lanfree backup data.

Customer reports rman restore fails. Looking at the error log it reports
"data currently not available on server". Looking at the client config it
had beem configured to write to dp instead of lib C.

We set enable lanfree to no and sure enough restore started running over
lan.

In the past we had to place our copy pool vols to offsite to prevent sta's
from failing restore from copy vols due to not having paths to that
library. Same seems to go for prim data.

Why isnt the client/sta failing back to lan restore (same with path
failures) if the only possible path available is lan?