It looks that between 2.1.2 and 2.2.0-alpha they are many API changes.
For example we are using custom remote APK signing with this code wich
doesn't work now because ZipAlign task require some manifest property now.
https://gist.github.com/tprochazka/db02753546066d97edf40572b5b57b91

There is some more official way how to just override sign task  without
re-configuring zip aplign task?

Another change is that 'libraries' was removed from
com.android.build.gradle.internal.dependency.VariantDependencies
We are using it for list off all variant dependencies.
There is pubic API for this?

And I also found that com.android.manifmerger.ManifestMerger and import
com.android.manifmerger.MergerXmlUtils is missing, maybe just moved to the
different package.
I don't check this yet.

Thanks for reply.