Inline...

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hopper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2002 17:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ADVANCED-DOTNET] Redeclaring COM interface return type -
??

Correct. Simply remove the PreserveSigAttribute, and the HRESULT will
automatically be checked. An exception will be thrown when a failure
HRESULT is returned. This is incredibly convenient, but there are
occasionally methods that return S_FALSE instead of S_OK to indicate a
"safe" failure, in which case you'll have to dust off good old
PreserveSigAttribute in order to be able to inspect the result.

*** SHIT. Sorry :-) There are components like this? GOD BEWARE :-)

When there is an [out] parameter, you can simply use the out keyword.
However, I'm guessing you really meant an [out, retval] parameter, in
which case the retval parameter is treated as the return value of the
method and is removed from the list of arguments. As an example, an IDL
interface containing a method with a retval parameter translates from [
uuid("...")

*** OK, so the trick is that was used to compile this has already the
retval point. I just basically move one parameter (which? Any way to
find this out without access to the ID`?) to the return type.

*** Thanks.

<...>

For more detail, see "COM Interop Part 1: C# Client Tutorial" in the
MSDN library.

*** Yes, thanks :-) tel me I am a  beginner here :-) No, really -
thanks.

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

You can read messages from the Advanced DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from Advanced
DOTNET, or
subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.