Simple problem - sort of. I have a toolkit that needs to change type
definitions when the type is loaded.

Is there any interface where I could "go in between" to change the class
bytecode (for certain methods) while the class is being loaded? In a way
that still goes through the verifier?

I know it sounds stupid.

Just for explanation: we have a toolkit similar to ObjectSpaces (just in
BETA, not preview) and some people dont want it to be "the boejctspaces
way" with abstract business classes becuase of abstract properties for
the data access. I was thinking i might go the way to basically use
properties with "some dummy code" and rewrite them during class load to
contain the correct code.

This, though, is dependant on - well - the ability to do so.

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)

You can read messages from the Advanced DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from Advanced
DOTNET, or
subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.