Realize that a STA application does not mean the app can not be
multi-threaded. It just means the UI is single threaded.

You HAVE to run the application single threaded. This is a rule in the
Windows world. ActiveX-Controls ARE STA - whether you like it or not is
of no interest to reality here.

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Softare & Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)