I have a panel P1 to which I add textareas T1, T2, .. Tn

I have placed T1, T2,... Tn in P1 in a BoxLayout. Now I need the
textareas to be draggable and droppoable on P1. When I drag T1 and drop
it somewhere on P1, the layout manager takes precedence and places it in
a Boxlayout fashion whereas I want the textarea to be placed where I
dropped it.

Essentially, I am mixing the layout  manager and my own positioning
here. Is this possible? If no, how do I achieve this? Should I have to
go for my own layout manager or absolute positioning?

Thanks
Uma