Typically we run our apps from a Jar although for various reasons
there are special occasions where we have parallel directory
structures ahead in the class path (especially during development).
There are several resources I need to load.  With Icons (gifs and
such)I usually know their name and can use the classloader.  However
sometimes I don't know the resource name, I just know that somewhere
in the classpath there may be one or more resources should be in a
particular location (directory).

1) Is their a faster way to build ImageIcon() than using
     getClass().getClassLoader().
           getSystemResource(IMAGEDIR + "printr01.gif")?

2) When I don't know the resource name, I just know they will be in a
particular place, how do I get a list of the files using the
ClassLoader?

3) Can I use the URL() class to somehow list files where ever they
are in the classpath?  In otherwords can I somehow convert a URL() to
File and then listFiles()?