Hello,

I'd like to make a JList which displays different tooltips depending on which item the mouse is on. Is there any simple way to do this, I did not find it, sorry!

1 - I tryed to overwrite the JList method getToolTipText() but I am missing the position of the mouse so I can't determine which item is under the mouse
2 - I tryed to overwrite the DefaultListCellRenderer method getListCellRendererComponent to has a tooltip to all of the item coponents but they are Component not JComponent so no setTooltipText() method.
3 - I am stuck!

thanks for any advise

a++