From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 8:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Customized Editor

Good Day,

     Ok, what I need is basically a JEditorPane derivitive that can
syntax highlight a given file type.
     I just started peering at the thing, and there are TextComponents,
EditorKits, and
about three kinds Documents all floating around like some kind of soup.  The
online help,
well, doesn't, and I can't find anything on the web either.

     I realize it may be a fair undertaking, so I don't expect a full-fledged
example, but
more of a rough outline would even suffice.  If anyone knows which class(es) /
methods I
need to mess with even, it would be a great help!
     Also, if you know any good web resources on the topic, I'd be glad to hear
about them!

-KC