Dear Steve Barrett,

        Generally the ToolTip of JComponent uses the ToolTipUI. If u need to
set u r customzied tooltip,
        probabaly u would have extended the ToolTipUI and created customized
ToolTip supporting multiple lines.
        In order to set the customized tooltip to the component, the
following method of JComponent should be overriden.

        public JTooTip createToolTip()
        {
                return (instance of u r customized tooltip)
        }

        In my application, I have implemented and its working fine.

wbr,

Srinivasan Samivelu
Software Development Engineer

BarcoNet Private Limited.