remember to do it on a KeyRelease.
Otherwise, the character wouldn't be there to remove if need be.
aaron
-----Original Message-----
From: Bharat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 1:08 AM
To: Bharat; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to restric japanese characters

Hi folks,

First, I must thank you for all ur responses.
I have come to a solution which is working so far.

I have added a keylistener to my JtextField which is validating each character which is typed or pasted in the textfiled.
I have written following code to check if the character is non english.
 public static boolean isNonEnglishChar(char c)
 {
  int i = (int) c;
  System.out.println("char " +c +" =" + i);
  if( (i<32) || ( i>126))
   return true;

  return false;
 }