From: "Vella, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Advanced-Swing (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 4:38 AM
Subject: FW: PLEASE HELP: Need best technique to avoid "missing font"
warnings

> Is there anyone on this list that can help with this?

the best way to avoid those darned "missing font" warnings that usually
happen when executing on Solaris and remote displaying(especially when using
a PC X server).

> Does anyone know a fairly "rock solid" technique to work around this? Just
commenting out the offending line in the font.properties file doesn't help
because the font that ends up getting used turns out to be REALLY large(at
least it does on my eXceed PC X server). I would even be willing to modify
our JRE's rt.jar file to include a "patched" class file that suppresses the
warning(although I don't which .class file the warning is coming from).