On Sunday 08 August 2010 21:34:04 Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 04:33:14PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > So now it's official - "NASA Uses COBOL". Hope you enjoy it.
>
> Like any other big organization that's been using computers since the
> 60s, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they still have some COBOL
> systems in use.  I don't see what this has to do with Perl though.

Well, nothing except for the fact that the idea for that page evolved from a
discussion about the Python site on this list (advocacy@perl.org) . Well,
maybe I'm also parodying my own http://perl-begin.org/ a little on that page
(and similar sites for modern languages).

I mentioned the entire story in the original message which you've trimmed.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish