Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 14:59, Stas Bekman wrote:

That's the whole point. In order to make things simple, it shouldn't require commit access or anything list that. We could even use a simplified version of slashdot, so people can submit stories, people can comment on them, making it much more efficient and not creating any bottlenecks.

Yes, we could set up a blog for news.  It seems a bit redundant to have
comments when we already have the mailing list(s), so I would skip
that.  We also can't put things on the site without an approval process,
so it would need users and permissions.  If we are able to host web apps
on perl.apache.org and someone out there feels like playing with some
simple blog software (Blosxom? Bryar?), that would be fine with me.

Just throwing ideas, really. If the overhead of managing news is too big, it will be too easy to stop doing that. So I'm just wondering what's the simplest approach for more people being able to contibute w/o as little overhead as possible.