Perrin,

I think this is a nice summary of libapreq2 Joe just posted that can be included in the PR as an incentive to upgrade to mp2.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: libapreq2 upload question
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:26:55 -0500
From: Joe Schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: modperl@perl.apache.org

"eps com estem" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> One last question, would you use libapreq2 to handle all GET
> and POST data or only the multipart-POST data??

It's designed to be usable for all GET / POST data.
The Content-Types it currently understands are

    application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    multipart/form-data
    multipart/related

The first two are what HTML forms typically use,
but we've also laid enough groundwork within libapreq2
to support newer specs like XForms and WHATWG once
browsers start implementing them.  libapreq2 provides
a C API to extend/modify the parser list, so you
can even extend it yourself if apreq-dev@ isn't
extending it fast enough for you.

> I mean, what's the intention of libapreq to be?

libapreq2 is intended to provide a common request
parsing library for all apache2 modules (not just
a "faster CGI.pm").  There are already a few C modules
(mod_spin is a nice example) that use libapreq2.  The
upshot is that such modules will all share the *parsed*
POST data, without stealing the *raw* POST data from
other modules.

--
Joe Schaefer