On Sunday 08 August 2010 22:29:16 Georgios Magklaras wrote:
>   On 08/07/2010 03:33 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Back when we discussed the "NASA Uses Python" in April, 2008, I said
> > that:
> >
> > [quote]
> > However, this thread gave me a really wicked idea for a parody site (not
> > just of http://www.python.org/ of course), which I'm planning to take
> > forward. [/quote]
> >
> > ( http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.advocacy/2008/04/msg2394.html )
> >
> > Now, due to some recent developments, I feel that I've kinda missed its
> > boat, but I still set up a page which contains my old ideas:
> >
> > http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/COBOL-the-New-Age-Programming-Langu
> > age/
> >
> > So now it's official - "NASA Uses COBOL". Hope you enjoy it.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >     Shlomi Fish
>
> "NASA Uses COBOL.
>
> And so do:
>
>      * Your bank....
> COBOL is the old JAVA"
>
> Actually, that's why I am worried about JAVA and changed my bank. The
> new one does not use JAVA to authenticate me to the net bank.

Java's name is not spelled "JAVA" with all-capitals - just "Java" (with an
initial capital letter). See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_%28programming_language%29

In case you didn't get the joke, "COBOL is the old Java" is a twist on the
"Java is the new COBOL" meme.

I'm sorry to hear about your bank, but I also switched banks because my old
bank's site hadn't supported Firefox.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish