When submitting enhanced conversions via upload click conversions I get the
api error below:

Can this be turned on in the Google Ads Admin panel as shown below? Does it
matter whether I choose Google Tag Manager or gtag? Is there a delay after
enabling this?

"Make sure you've turned on enhanced conversions for leads in conversion
settings and try again. You can check your setting by querying
conversion_tracking_setting.enhanced_conversions_for_leads_enabled on
Customer., at conversions[0].user_identifiers"

--
*This message and any attachments contain information, which may be
confidential and/or privileged, and is intended for use only by the